Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
Thursday, February 22, 2007
Pack of Wolves
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
I am a Justin Timberlake fan.
It feels good to get that out there.
I first had these feelings back in 2002-3 when he released "Cry Me a River" and "Rock Your Body". As much as I mocked him from his N*Sync days, I also found myself listening to the songs when I was scanning the radio. Both made it onto my iPod. I was able to put these feelings aside for a few years as no new albums were released.
Recently, I have been hit with another batch of songs. "SexyBack" was followed by the superior "My Love" which now has been blown away by "What Goes Around...". I can't deny it anymore.
Unlike a lot of R&B stars, Justin does know how to play an instrument, and he helps write and produce all of his songs. Although I don't know for sure, it doesn't seem like he's lip syncing when he performs either.
The guy is a stud. Surprisingly, he has been one of the best hosts ever during his two times on Saturday Night Live. He's dated Alyssa Milano (80's hottie), Cameron Diaz (90's hottie), and Scarlett Johannsen (00's hottie). Plus, he showed how smart he was with Britney Spears by buying low and selling high right before the crash. Then he went and wrote a great breakup song with "Cry Me a River" and moved on. Even his acting in recent movies isn't that bad.
He was in N*Sync. I don't have to like that. But America is very forgiving. Mohammed Ali was the most hated athlete in the world, but now he can do no wrong. Paul Reubens was once a dirty word, but is now a hot comedy guest star. Justin too can overcome his past.
And I'll be there waiting to see what he comes up with next.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Monday, February 19, 2007
When we went to the hospital today my aunts blood pressure was very high. at one point it was 191/101 both the systolic and diastolic were heading towards the danger zone. why is high blood pressure bad? well it can lead to stroke, heart attack, and congestive heart failure. From what I have read if it gets around the 200 mark for systolic you are at a great chance of having a stroke. They gave her some blood pressure medication but when we left it was still 184/108. Normal is less than 120/80. Ron said he would keep us updated but we had to come home today because my mom works in the morning. Before we left I wrote a note to Robing saying hi and to get better soon.
I will update you when I know more. Again thank you for all your prayers, and e-mails they really lift our spirits.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
W H O. W A S. T H E. L A S T. P E R S O N.
1. Who made you smile? my cousin and TK
2. You rode in a car with? mom, josh and amanda
3. Went to the movies with? my mom
4. Went to the mall with? my mom, amy and leslie
5. Talked on the phone to? Orange School District (i didnt so much talk as i did listen)
6. Made you laugh? my cousins
7. Talked to on the Internet? bubba, amy and my dad
8. Last person you told and/or they told you they Loved you? bubba and TK
W O U L D. Y O U. R A T H E R.
1. Pierce your nose or tongue? tongue
2. Be serious or be funny? a lil' bit of both ;0)
3. Drink whole or skim milk? Non-Fat
4. Spend time with your parents or enemies? parents
A N S W E R. T R U T H F U L L Y.
1. Do you like anyone? lots of people
2. Sun or moon? oh... a little of each
3. Winter or Fall? I like a little taste of all the seasons
4. left or right? i like to be right
5. Sunny or rainy? balance
A B O U T. Y O U.
1. What time is it? 9:29pm
3. Where do you wanna live? in a fantasy land where all my friends and family live in the same town.
4. How many kids do you want? 2-3
5. Do you want to get married? we have already crossed that bridge : )
6. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? both at the same time
7. Have you ever eaten spam? oh, heavens no!
8. Favorite(s) ice cream? peanut butter -n- chocolate
9. How many kinds of cereal are in your cabinet? um... lets see... cheerios, rasin bran and life with vanilla yogurt
10. Do you cook? yup! i can't assure you that you'd like it, but i do and that's all that matters.
11. Current mood? tired
I N. T H E. L A S T. 4 8 H O U R S. H A V E. Y O U.
1. Kissed some one? nope, i am away from my bubba
2. Sang? in the car, yes
3. Been hugged? no...and that sucks!
4. Felt stupid? yes
5. Missed someone? oh, definately. missing people like crazy right now.
6. Danced Crazy? not that i can recall
7. Gotten your hair cut? nope.
8. Cried? yep
9. Lied? nope
R A N D O M. Q U E S T I O N S.
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops? only at the airport
2. Do you have a Dog? no... but i wish i did.
3. When was the last time you went sledding? a year ago with the Askews
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone? with someone, long as i knew them.
5. If you were a hotdog, would you eat yourself? of course
6. Do you consider yourself creative? i have my moments
We were planning on coming up to Victorville on Saturday morning however just before I reached San Diego my mom said that Amanda had called and that things were not looking good. We decided to head up that night. We got to the hospital around 11:05pm but from 11-midnight they don't allow visitors at this ICU. So we waited around. At midnight we finally were able to go in and see her. We stayed till 1am. Then headed to the hotel to get some shut eye.
On Saturday we got up and dressed and met two of my uncles in the lobby. We grabbed a quick bite and then headed back to the hospital. My aunt was a bit responsive. She held my moms hand told my uncles and mom that she loved them. She cannot speak because she had her vocal cords removed but she mouthed them. The boys (my uncles) had a 430 flight out of Ontario so we stayed at the hospital with them until they needed to leave. My mom and I decided to take a break so we headed over to Ontario Mills to catch a movie. Then it was dinner time and at 9 we finally made it back to the hotel. We fell asleep pretty quickly.
This morning we were woken up by a phone call from Ron saying that things had worsened. She was unresponsive, blood pressure was too high and the percent of oxygen she was taking in had dropped significantly. They had to put her on a ventilator. We got dressed fast as we could and headed over. When we got there she had stabilized again and her vitals were looking good. We stayed until 1pm and then headed back to the hotel for a little while. We will be picking up Amanda and Josh for dinner in about two hours. Then we may head back down to the hospital.
Tomorrow we are scheduled to check out of the hotel. We will get up early, have breakfast at the hotel and head to the hospital. I am not sure how long we will be staying but we do need to head back down to San Diego tomorrow.
So as of right now she is doing slightly better. But everyday there has been at least a few hours where they thought she wasn't going to make it. Please continue to pray for her, and our family.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
I did want the blog to be a bit more musical though. I put up a player a while ago, but it wouldn't recognize most of the songs I tried to load into it. Luckily I was directed to a website that would take care of that for me called FineTune. The only downsides I've found so far are that your playlist has to be at least 45 songs and you can only put a max of 3 songs by each artist.
Anyway, just to try it out, I put together a playlist of songs from my concert experiences. You can tell how many shows I get out to these days by the mid 90's feel to most of it. Oh well. I plan to make more lists later so check it out every now and then. Oh, and before I get any complaints, I am not responsible for content in the songs...though I did try and put less offensive songs from some groups (I see you over there Rage). I also put the live versions of songs if possible.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
and when I am needed.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Today, my mom and I got up early and had breakfast, then we went in search of at theatre that was playing Because I Said So before noon. Lucky for us the Regal down the street was.
My mom said she had a good weekend and that is what was important :)
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Eleanor Rigby -- The Beatles
Ana Ng -- They Might Be Giants
Maggie Mae -- Rod Stewart
Billie Jean -- Michael Jackson
Layla -- Eric Clapton
Sweet Caroline -- Neil Diamond
Polly -- Nirvana
Oh Yoko -- John Lennon*
Valerie Loves Me -- Material Issue
Anna Begins -- Counting Crows
*In the event that Yoko is proven to not actually be a woman, that spot on the list will go to either "Sheena is a Punk Rocker -- The Ramones" or "A Letter to Elise -- The Cure"
Monday, February 05, 2007
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Friday, February 02, 2007
In 2005 we really picked it up and did even better in 2006. Up until a few days ago, we even had a streak of posting at least once a day for over 3 months. I even woke up in the middle of the night and asked Cyndi if we had blogged that day. The answer was "no" with an irritated sigh added on.
Anywho, thank you to everyone who reads this blog and keeps us inspired to keep posting. We continue to have fun with it as well as with keeping up with everyone else's blogs. Now, since I'm a geek, here is our blog by the number:
First blog: December 24, 2002
5ooth blog: February 2, 2007
Number of comments: 721
Number of states visiting: 38 (plus D.C.)
Number of countries visiting: 24