Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm ready to let the world know...

I have a confession to make. It's something I'm not proud of, but after talking to a reader of this blog who seems to be leaning the same way, I feel safe enough to get it off my chest.

I am a Justin Timberlake fan.

It feels good to get that out there.

I first had these feelings back in 2002-3 when he released "Cry Me a River" and "Rock Your Body". As much as I mocked him from his N*Sync days, I also found myself listening to the songs when I was scanning the radio. Both made it onto my iPod. I was able to put these feelings aside for a few years as no new albums were released.

Recently, I have been hit with another batch of songs. "SexyBack" was followed by the superior "My Love" which now has been blown away by "What Goes Around...". I can't deny it anymore.

Unlike a lot of R&B stars, Justin does know how to play an instrument, and he helps write and produce all of his songs. Although I don't know for sure, it doesn't seem like he's lip syncing when he performs either.

The guy is a stud. Surprisingly, he has been one of the best hosts ever during his two times on Saturday Night Live. He's dated Alyssa Milano (80's hottie), Cameron Diaz (90's hottie), and Scarlett Johannsen (00's hottie). Plus, he showed how smart he was with Britney Spears by buying low and selling high right before the crash. Then he went and wrote a great breakup song with "Cry Me a River" and moved on. Even his acting in recent movies isn't that bad.

He was in N*Sync. I don't have to like that. But America is very forgiving. Mohammed Ali was the most hated athlete in the world, but now he can do no wrong. Paul Reubens was once a dirty word, but is now a hot comedy guest star. Justin too can overcome his past.

And I'll be there waiting to see what he comes up with next.

10 comments:

jeric2003 said...

I think I like the production of his songs, but for me it's hard to listen to a guy singing "I'm bringing sexy back" when he sounds like a girl. That's my main problem with him, actually, from the songs I've heard - he just sounds too feminine. As for all the girls he's dating, I'm not sure how that happened, 'cause the man ain't attractive.

But I understand what you like about him, and that's cool.

Darth said...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/58493?utm_source=onion_rss_daily

Curelover said...

Disturbing ... truly. He is cotton candy for your brain ... loaded with sugar.

barefootkangaroo said...

Wow! Somethings you keep a secret.

Moe said...

I use to be your friend....

Amy said...

hahahahhahahaahhahahhahaha are you a girl? hehe...and you used to make fun of me for the boy band days and now here u are, a fan of jt, former boy band member. i think this voids you from making fun of me of my taste in music forever

sarah said...

um....he's "a stud?" eew....

Hutch said...

Hey, at least I'm secure enough in my manhood to put things like this out there.

And just remember...some of you can hate all you want, but I can put out less than flattering stuff about all of you too.

*cough*ashleesimpsonconcert*cough*

Nick said...

Here's my take on Timberlake:

#1. I respect the fact that he is actually a musician, writing and playing his own songs, unlike most of the overproduced pop filth/garbage that is out there now.

#2. I love Timberlake on SNL.

#3. His music SUCKS.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

I need more time to absorb this...

The Hutch I once knew, so moved by an Oingo Boingo bootleg or a weenie roast...reduced to this.

This is like watching Jordan play for the Wizards.