Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Our Weekend

My mom came up to celebrate her 60th birthday. She drove up on Saturday and we headed out to some houses she wanted to look at.

On Sunday my mom and I met up with Leslie and Amy at the mall for some shopping followed by a delicious lunch. Then we played some games at Dave and Busters. We wanted to catch a movie but there just wasn' t enough time to fit in everything. That evening my mom and I headed over to Burbank to the hotel we were staying at. Our room was so much nicer than the motel we stayed in last time. They had tennis courts, swimming pools, fitness center and much more. Our rooom even had a balcony.

At the crack of dawn on Monday I headed over to get tickets for Ellen. I got there at 645am. Line up was supposed to start at 7am but there was already a good 50 people in front of me. So I stood there until 930am. It wasn't looking good as each person could be getting up to 4 tickets.
I headed back to the hotel to pick up my mom and check out. Then we headed out to breakfast. I have always loved Bob's, since I was a toddler. So when I found out that there was one near by I didn't need to think twice about where I wanted to eat :)
Then it was back over to NBC studios to get a parking spot and wait in line to get through security. Then we were lined up in number order to be seated. We cut it real close to not making it in. Only about 4-6 people made it in after us! We were to Ellen's left and in the middle. The taping we saw will air on Friday, Feb. 16th. It has Ryan Phillipe, Bob Harper and McPhee (from Idol). We also got a bonus of John Legend performing (his segment will air with the show that Oprah is on). He even gave us a bonus, usually musical guests only do one song, he performed a second for us. Everyone got McPhee's CD at the end of the show. They have a photo booth in the riff raff room so on our way out I took my photo and emailed it to myself.

Today, my mom and I got up early and had breakfast, then we went in search of at theatre that was playing Because I Said So before noon. Lucky for us the Regal down the street was.

My mom has been saying since the previews came out that she wanted to see it.

My mom said she had a good weekend and that is what was important :)

No comments: