Sunday, February 18, 2007

update on my aunt

First of all I want to thank all of you who have e-mailed, called, texted and IMed. I am greatful for your thoughts and prayers. I just realized that this hotel gives us free internet access. I wish I had inquired about it earlier. Well, here is how my weekend is going and how my aunt is currently doing.

We were planning on coming up to Victorville on Saturday morning however just before I reached San Diego my mom said that Amanda had called and that things were not looking good. We decided to head up that night. We got to the hospital around 11:05pm but from 11-midnight they don't allow visitors at this ICU. So we waited around. At midnight we finally were able to go in and see her. We stayed till 1am. Then headed to the hotel to get some shut eye.

On Saturday we got up and dressed and met two of my uncles in the lobby. We grabbed a quick bite and then headed back to the hospital. My aunt was a bit responsive. She held my moms hand told my uncles and mom that she loved them. She cannot speak because she had her vocal cords removed but she mouthed them. The boys (my uncles) had a 430 flight out of Ontario so we stayed at the hospital with them until they needed to leave. My mom and I decided to take a break so we headed over to Ontario Mills to catch a movie. Then it was dinner time and at 9 we finally made it back to the hotel. We fell asleep pretty quickly.

This morning we were woken up by a phone call from Ron saying that things had worsened. She was unresponsive, blood pressure was too high and the percent of oxygen she was taking in had dropped significantly. They had to put her on a ventilator. We got dressed fast as we could and headed over. When we got there she had stabilized again and her vitals were looking good. We stayed until 1pm and then headed back to the hotel for a little while. We will be picking up Amanda and Josh for dinner in about two hours. Then we may head back down to the hospital.

Tomorrow we are scheduled to check out of the hotel. We will get up early, have breakfast at the hotel and head to the hospital. I am not sure how long we will be staying but we do need to head back down to San Diego tomorrow.

So as of right now she is doing slightly better. But everyday there has been at least a few hours where they thought she wasn't going to make it. Please continue to pray for her, and our family.

No comments: