Monday, February 19, 2007

many ups and downs

Last night when we left the hospital my aunt waved to us again. Ron said later on she even wanted to watch TV for an hour but after that just wanted to lay there with her eyes closed. My mom and I went to dinner with Amanda and Josh. We had a very nice time. I think it is the longest conversation we've all had in a VERY long time. Josh drove us in his new truck (i so want one) and we ate at Mimi's. I really had a nice time getting to know my cousins a bit better.

When we went to the hospital today my aunts blood pressure was very high. at one point it was 191/101 both the systolic and diastolic were heading towards the danger zone. why is high blood pressure bad? well it can lead to stroke, heart attack, and congestive heart failure. From what I have read if it gets around the 200 mark for systolic you are at a great chance of having a stroke. They gave her some blood pressure medication but when we left it was still 184/108. Normal is less than 120/80. Ron said he would keep us updated but we had to come home today because my mom works in the morning. Before we left I wrote a note to Robing saying hi and to get better soon.

I will update you when I know more. Again thank you for all your prayers, and e-mails they really lift our spirits.

No comments: