Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Ouch!

The Day After Christmas
For fun and excitment on the day after Christmas we decided to go up to Mt. High and see if we had any snowboarding skills. I am still unsure if we have any skills. Paul and I started out by taking a snowboarding lesson but my boots were tight and about a half hour in I felt sick like I was going to pass out or lose my breakfast.

So back to the ski lodge we went. I could not find boots that didn't make my feet ache so, I decided maybe I should just go skiing since I know how. I found boots that fit great, and didn't make me feel sick, Paul however could not find any that were wide enough. Doah! So Paul opted to sit out since he didn't want to take a lesson by himself for snowboarding. So I went skiing for a little while, we ate lunch at the restaurant on the mountain and then I went skiing for a couple more hours.

On my last time down the mountain I went down a different part of the mountain and misjudged the jump and landed on my bottom. my right ski hit my left knee and I ended up with the lovely bruise pictured above. It was not an ideal day of fun in the snow but we had a good time.

4 comments:

Moe said...

Liar! We know Pual beats you!

Cyn said...

Paul was with my mom drinking hot coco in the lodge when it happened.

Sher said...

Sounds like fun... except for the bruise. I would love to try snowboarding and/or skiing sometime.

Cyn said...

I want to try snowboarding again, maybe at a different ski resort, or I might have to buy my own boots so I know I wont have an issue like last time.