Friday, January 11, 2008

One day...

One day when I was working at Disneyland, an older man came up to me looking very lost. I asked him if he was ok and he said no. He was trying to find his family. They told him to take the tram out to the parking lot and they'd meet him there. There were 3 trams that ran to different parking areas. I talked to him for a bit and we figured out where he needed to be. It happened to be the tram I was going to be driving so I walked him over there and chatted until the tram arrived. We parted ways, and as he said thanks he shook my hand and slipped me a folded piece of paper. I glanced at the front and realized it was a Catholic tract so I just put it in my pocket. A co-worker came up to me and asked about "that old guy" and what he gave me. I pulled out the tract and opened it up to find a card for a free meal at Carl's Jr and a handwritten note....

"Thank you! Best wishes, Carl"

Carl Karcher 1917 -2008

2 comments:

Thany said...

Very cool story and lovely thing to write in honor of him.
Well played, Hutch.

Sher said...

We were wondering who #3 would be.