Thursday, January 18, 2007

My day in sports...

Yesterday was a good sports day for me. (This is where Lisa stops reading the post.) The first good thing was when I walked in the door last night after work. There on the table was my first issue of Sports Illustrated. It was a Christmas gift from my mother in law, so I will be sure to think good things about her every Wednesday when I get the mail (ok, other times as well).

So there I am, watching tv, reading my new magazine, and trying to wind down for bed when Cyndi mentions that there was a message on the answering machine about some contest. When I listened to it, I found out I won a contest on XTRA Sports AM 570 to come to their studio on Friday and hang out with Luc Robitaille. For those of you who don't know, he spent most of his career playing for the LA Kings and recently retired as the highest scoring left winger in NHL history and is in the top 10 in career goals scored. I get to bring someone with me, so my first choice was Ric, who is the biggest Kings fan I know. Hopefully he can get off work early. It should be good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, didja hafta rub Bradley's head for luck to win this or what..?

Doesn't he just roll in luck on stuff like this..?

Hopefully, he's wicked jealous...

Hutch said...

He is jealous, but this is the same radio station he won a trip to Vegas and entries into a poker tournament from back in September so unfortunately he's still up on me. Though I did come closer to winning that tournament than he did.

lisa d said...

haha!! i totally skimmed right over this earlier- you called me out big time.