Monday, December 16, 2013

Reflecting On My Miracle

Before I keep playing catch up with picture posts of N8, I wanted to take a few minutes to share about my miracle as today is a very special and significant day.


December 16

One year ago today we were smack dab in the middle of our IVF cycle.
One year ago today I was put under anesthesia and had 8 eggs extracted.
One year ago today our DNA was put together and created 6 amazing microscopic babies.





And now for a short rambling... I have been thinking a lot about how amazing our God is. Even when I was dealing with negative result after negative result with our IUIs and I was busy doubting, worrying and grieving I still had this immense sense of peace. I felt we needed to go through those IUIs but I had this voice telling me that we would get our baby(ies) through IVF, that I would get pregnant. This peace did not make it less terrifying for me though (how many attempts would we have to endure, what kind of loss might we be faced with? where will the money come from? what if I'm wrong and it doesn't work? etc.) but it gave me moments of calm and serenity that I desperately needed to continue taking steps forward through this process. So many Sundays tears would end up falling from my eyes while I worshiped, crying out to God and He gave me more moments of peace to help me make it through.

Thank you Lord for your peace, I am forever grateful.

It is absolutely amazing what a difference a year makes.

No comments: