Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Impact

Today we had the pleasure of having an assembly called Racheal's Challenge. For those of you who do not know Rachel Scott was the first person killed at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999. This video will explain a little about what I experienced today.


Being in this assembly truly touched my heart and at times hearing her brother speak it was difficult to swallow. Our students could really learn from this program but we need them to be receptive and open to going against the flow of the community, their friends and for many their family.

Here is one of the quotes that really hit me when they put it up on the screen "Don't let your character change color with your environment. Find who you are and let it stay in its true colors." I surely will accept Racheal's challenge, and I challenge you to join me don't let these 13 innocent lives be in vain. A little kindness can go a long way.
You can learn more about Racheal's Challenge by clicking here.

No comments: