Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Beast

3:10pm - I make the mistake of pulling into the garage

3:11 - Try to push the button to close the garage, it fails to close

3:12 to 3:15 - I repeatedly push the button to try & get it to close there is no response from the beast

3:16 - A thought to manually close the garage pops in my head. I pull the lever, and the beast releases

3:16 and 10 seconds - I realize that yes the garage may close that way but can I get it back open…

3:16 and 11 seconds - My hand sticks out to grab the door before it shuts all the way

3:16 and 12 seconds - My ring finger and middle finger get closed in the door.

3:18 - There has been much crying about the pain in my fingers, I run inside to get an ice pack

3:19 - I knock on the managers door, but of course no one is home

3:23 - I call Paul to see how close to home he is, sadly it will be another hour

3:30 - After trying some more to get the wires reconnected I give up

3:35 - I roll down the windows in my car and turn on the computer hoping our wireless reaches to the garage, it doesn’t. L So I decide to try and grade some papers while I wait

3:45 - Garage Buddy comes home, I explain the situation to her and her daughter
I am now missing the reception for Mike Long that I was on my way to…

3:48 - Our Garage Buddy goes inside to try and contact the owner of the place

3:55 - I am still holding on, no one has been back out for quite awhile. My fingers are swollen and becoming quite red, they are beginning to tingle and throb

3:57 - The top of my middle finger feels numb to the touch, I do not think this is a good sign

4:02 – I call my mommy for “poor babies”

4:10 - The owner shows up and fixes the door... thank goodness.

10:02 - There is still a weird numbness in my fingers, I hope it will go away soon

3 comments:

jeric2003 said...

Suuucks. The numbness should go away in a day or so. I wrapped a finger in a belt loop once for stability at a concert and had the same problem.

Sher said...

Ow! I hope it feels better soon.

I wanted to go to that reception, but completely forgot about it. Bummer!

Thany said...

Methinks The Beast is aptly named.