Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hockey Night!

Tonight I went to the Kings/Ducks game in Anaheim thanks to Brad.  He got some more of his VIP tickets through work so I went with him and a couple of his friends.  I don't usually get a chance to sit in a seat valued at $83 so of course I took him up on the offer.

I wore my Kings jersey so we were rooting for the Kings tonight.  Honestly I just like going to hockey games, so I don't have a favorite between the Kings and Ducks.  I find myself at Kings games more often though so I may have to go LA if I pick a team.  I'm sure Jeric will have some influence on that too.

The Kings and Ducks really don't like each other.  The Ducks reminded them of that fact early and often and there were numerous fights and cheap shots taken.  The Ducks scored two quick goals in the first period, although the Kings were able to tie it before all was said and done.  No one scored in overtime.  As soon as the final second of the clock ticked by in overtime, the Ducks starting attacking the Kings.  Guess there wasn't any reason to hold back at that point.  I got to see a shootout for the first time which the Ducks ended up winning.  I guess it helps to have a good, experienced goalie.

2 comments:

jeric2003 said...

Boooo, Ducks! We were watching the game at Ric's parents' house. Ric said, actually, that LaBarbera has a better history with shootouts. We totally expected to win in the shootout. I think it was a big surprise that Kopitar's shot was blocked. Oh well. We'll win tomorrow's game!

Darth said...

I think there needs to be more topics in which the label: Brad is Rad is mentioned.