Friday, October 05, 2007

What the deuce?!

I had an interesting drive home from work tonight.  It produced 2 blog worthy stories in the span of 40 minutes.

#1 -- I was driving in Highland Park to get on the freeway.  The car that was a bit in front of me hit the brakes and then took off fast.  The area is dark so it was hard to see what was going on, but then I saw some guy in the middle of the street throw something at the car.  As I drove by he was struggling to pull something out of the backpack he was holding.  I sped up at that point though not fast enough because as I passed, something hit my car.  I kept going and saw the guy swing his backpack to hit the car behind me.  Good times.

#2 -- I keep going and get off the 5 at Imperial Hwy.  I had to stop at a light in Norwalk (right before the bridge for the transportation center for those who know the area).  As I'm waiting at the light a 50-ish black guy comes out of the transportation center driveway and starts crossing the street in front of me.  When he got in front of my car he stopped and stared at me.  I didn't make eye contact, but noticed that his eyes were all over the place.  He started to walk up to my window so I figured he was going to ask for money.  Wrong.  He decided instead to jump up on the hood of my car.  What the.....?  Then he squatted down and looked in through the window (eyes still all over the place).  He then jumped off and kept walking across the street.

And here I thought I left all the crazies back at work.

3 comments:

Amy said...

was tonight a full moon? that might explain things if it was...but yeah those are scary. i'd be incredibly freaked out..note to self, don't drive in those areas, ever

jeric2003 said...

Love you guys, but the auto music play on your rockyou photos is looooooooouuud! Any way to not do the auto-play thing?

Paul, it's nice to know that Ric isn't the only one with horror stories from the daily drive. (Although he has never had anyone jump on his car.)

Sher said...

Sounds like an experience I had one 4th of July as I was driving back to the OC from my parents in Palm Springs. The freaky lady actually got into my car, though. I'll never, ever, leave the doors unlocked again.