Saturday, September 01, 2007

C's trip day 7: I'm leaving on a jet plane

we checked out of the hotel around 930 this morning and headed over to breakfast with the fam, all 23 of us at a restaurant called The Delictable Egg. after breakfast we split up into those who wanted to go to the house, a hotel or to the scrapbook store (i was in the last group). we all hung out for awhile at the place we choose.

then TK and I headed over to the house for a few hours before we had to leave for the airport at 3 pm. TK took a short nap while I took a walk, read some of my book and looked through scrapbooks.

it was time to say my goodbyes, but the parents were no where to be seen. so i said goodbye to grandpa, and the aunts and uncles that were there as well as R and the kids. TK and I got in the truck about to leave when the parents showed up. i quickly got out of the truck and went to give hugs and say bye. i was quickly told i would have been in big trouble by Dad if we had left without saying goodbye.

after all of that it was time to get me to the airport. we had a nice drive and i only started to tear up once. i hate goodbyes and saying goodbye to the entire clan let alone TK was hard.

we got me to the airport and checked my bags curbside, all i had to do was head into security and over to the gate but before i made it to security i had to make a detour to find a tissue because i couldn't keep my emotions in check. at least i didnt do it in front of TK.

once in the airport i got a bite to eat , managed to forget my ticket at the food place. then managed to lose it between the food place, restroom and the gate. had to retrace my steps and finally found it about 10 min. before boarding.

my MIL and SIL came to pick me up from the airport and quickly asked why i was wearing a sweatshirt and said i sure as heck would want it off before i left the building. as TK knows i use to and still do wear sweatshirts occasionally as a comfort item, a sort of security blanket.

No comments: