Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What would you do?


Starting tomorrow, Barry Bonds will be playing series on the road against the Dodgers and the Padres. He's standing on 754 homeruns....one short of Hank Aaron's all-time record. Sadly I don't have tickets to any of the local games when the record could and most likely will be broken. My question is: What would you do if you caught the record breaking ball? I thought about this last week. I think I'd be carrying a sharpie with me to the games. If I caught the ball, I'd write "756*" and "Aaron is still the king" on it before throwing it back on the field. This topic came up on the sports talk show I listen to in the afternoon, and others had very similar ideas. It gives me hope that Dodger fans will get very creative this week. The deafening boos for a cheater where there would normally be cheers for a great career accomplishment will be music to my ears, although I'm saddened that this event is actually happening.

2 comments:

Darth said...

I am going to the game tonight and the game on Thursday, although for some reason I couldn't get tickets to sit in right field....odd.

Anyway, I will boo him when he comes up, but cheer the home run when it happens, because its still history, and its still for baseball. That said i don't think the Dodgers will give him to much to hit.

Had I been sitting in Right Field and caught a ball, I would have just sold it, I mean I could probably get at least 250k for that....I'm not stupid.

Hutch said...

Just because it's history doesn't make it a good thing worth applauding. Oh and he'll get plenty to hit. Tomko is supposed to pitch Thursday.