Wednesday, June 13, 2007

This post could be long winded

First of all let me say thank you to my dear friends who have said call my anytime, text or e-mail if you need anything.
I appreciate you so very much.

Secondly I will explain for everyone what happened and what is going on.
Monday my mom started having breathing troubles. She went to see her doctor and the doctor was concerned with how fast her heart was beating so he had her put in the back of an ambulance and transported to the ER hospital. Once there she was admitted to the ER and given medication to help slow down her heart rate. It slowed some but not back to a normal range so she was admitted to the hospital. They had her hooked up to the medicine for most of the day on Monday to help slow her heart rate down, she was also hooked up to oxygen and a blood pressure monitor because the medication could have dropped it as a side effect. I sat with her until they kicked me out a half hour after visiting hours were over. Then I went back to the house to feed the kitties and give them some love.

I originally was supposed to go to the dentist down in SD at 5pm on Tuesday but since I was already there I called as soon as I woke up and got it switched to 1145am. As soon as I was done at the dentist it was time to gas up the car and head back to the hospital. My mom finished the medication to bring her heart rate down, it never returned back to normal but it was lower than when she was admitted. Oh, she was also put on a bloodthinner both injections and pills to try and prevent any possible blood clots. For most of the day she was hooked up to an ECG machine to keep track of her heart rate patterns. As long as it doesn't spike back up she should be released around 11am today. I hung around and talked for awhile we watched Dr. Phil and Oprah together and every hour or so people were coming in and out checking different things.

This picture was taken at the end of the day on Tuesday.
She was feeling a bit better as you can see.
I would also like to say thanks to those of you who have kept her in your prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Mom :( Still praying for you love. I may not be able to be THERE for you but I'm here for you. Love you Blondie.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your moms healing and peace.

Cyn said...

tk - thank you sweets. your messages and texts mean the world to me. i love you kid!

karen - thank you. i will try to keep this updated or email erin about what the progress is.

Thany said...

Cyndi, I had no idea!!
I will absolutly be praying...love to you and your mom both. And, while tons of people have said it, I need to too: Call me if you need anything!!

Moe said...

I have been praying non-stop since I got your text message. Please keep me updated so I know how to continue to pray. I love you friend. You know how much I love your mom too! I am in constant prayer...