Sunday, March 25, 2007

Employment

Short version: I got a teaching contract for the rest of this school year
Extended version: I was called on a Monday and asked if I would be interested in applying for a temporary teaching position in a near by school district. I said sure. On Thursday I was called to say an interview would be scheduled for 3:15pm on Friday and could I make it. I said that sounded good.

So I showed up had my interview that lasted less than 30 minutes, my feeling was that it went alright but and that it was a good experience to have had the interview as I never had one before, however I figured there was someone else they were interviewing that would have been more qualified, experienced or something. Then at 8:30pm on the following Wednesday my phone rings and it is the Superintendent of Personnel with a job offer for me. I had to listen to the message three times before I believed what I heard.

I proceeded to call Paul to tell him about it but he didn't answer. I waited till he got home. Paul said what are you waiting for call them back. I did and set up a time to come sign the contract the next day. We proceeded to call family and friends and tell them the news.

I am nervous about the upcoming position, I know there will be a lot of work ahead of me. Thank you for all of you who have been praying for me to get a teaching job. I appreciate it, while this is only temporary it will really help me get my feet wet and be a great experience.