Friday, January 26, 2007

WSOPC


Well, today is the big day. At 4:00 pm Brad, Christie, and I have our audition for the World Series of Pop Culture. As part of my training, I tried to memorize the entire box of questions from the Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture edition. I found that many questions on the show last season were taken word for word from the game. However, now the game is just taking up space, because I seriously doubt I'll be allowed to play it ever again with anyone who reads this blog.

According to someone who auditioned in New York, they have been taking 4 teams from each audition time to move onto the next round and it doesn't seem like it's entirely based on who knows the most. As Jules said in Pulp Fiction, "Personality goes a long way." We're not too creative as far as costumes go. Brad made up some shirts with a logo for us which is cool. One of the New York teams showed up wearing puffy shirts from Seinfeld. It's tough since you can't use any image or phrase that is copyrighted.

Anywho, wish us luck. The grand prize is $250,000 for the team so winning this thing would mean the end of all our student loans and a chance to actually move up a bit in life!

2 comments:

lisa d said...

so exciting!! good luck team, if anyone who ever came out of maranatha can do it- it's you.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how this goes.
Good Luck!!