Friday, December 29, 2006

On Holiday

On the 22nd Paul and I headed down to San Diego for Christmas. On "Christmas morning" the 23rd we opened stockings and our gifts to each other. The kitty got some treats, Paul really likes his new Walk the Line shirt and DVD set.

We followed up with a late lunch/early dinner at the Roadhouse Bar & Grill. I love their bread and yams! The steak is always good as well. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out. We watched Elf in the evening as my mom had never seen it. One of my favorite lines is "Buddy the Elf whats your favorite color. I also like when he says Christmas is my favorite.

On the morning of the 24th we went to church at VGC...C. Beth and Rusell sang a beautiful song part of it in English and part in Spanish. I have never heard Beth speak Spanish let alone sing it so when she busted out with it I was suprised. It sounded amazing!

When church was over we went and said our hellos, helped get some of the stage put together that would be needed for the evening service and
I finally was able to introduce Paul to Tiffany Henning.

We had a quick lunch at San Diego Brewing Company (so we could watch some fooseball) and then it was time to head back up to L.A. my mom came with so that when Paul was supposed to work 12 hours on Christmas we would be able to spend the day together. Paul and I got all our stuff together and headed to the ALH.

The family had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner followed by some dessert, good conversation and the opening of gifts. It is always a great time to be with the family. But...

an evening with the Hutchins clan always ends with these two hitting each other.

No comments: