Saturday, November 11, 2006

More tv fun



Nothing makes me happier when I turn on the tv than finding a police chase in progress. It's surreal seeing people going crazy like that, usually in places I've been or on roads I drive on every day.

One time a guy was doing a slow chase down the main street near my parent's house. He was stopping at most major intersections and would wait a few minutes before moving on a little farther. When he got to within a few blocks of us, my brother ran out there to try and get on tv. Another kid from our church had the same idea. Seeing someone next to you one minute and on tv news the next is very odd.

Tonight there was a short one going when I turned on the news. The car stopped quickly and 4 homies jumped out and ran. Unfortunately for them, they weren't smart enough to run in different directions so they were all caught after about 30 seconds.

I know they are usually dangerous situations. I don't get a thrill out of seeing people hurt. I'm more looking to see the criminals wipe out their cars or get spun out by the police. With night time chases there's always the hope that they'll lose a tire so we get a mini fireworks show as the rim bounces off the pavement.
Mo

2 comments:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

I tell ya, it's never good to root for criminals but that guy did some remarkable evading and even when it was all over he looked to throw a punch.

But the man he should've punched was the dude doing the color commentating. The worst I have ever heard...

Sounded like he was on Speed

Sher said...

Wow. Some of that was right around where i used to live.