Monday, November 20, 2006

He's going the distance, he's going for speed...



It was a tough battle, but after the 36th and final race of the season, I pulled back into first place to win my fantasy NASCAR league. Yes, you read that right...fantasy NASCAR. While mere mortals stop at football and baseball, those of us who are truly addicted go for the more obscure leagues as well.

Brad and I have been battling since February when the season started. No one else in our league really kept at it, so we ended up going back and forth for the lead all season. I was down by well over 100 points two weeks ago. Brad couldn't put it away as I beat him by more than 100 last week and made up the remaining 17 points this week. For the final race, 3 of our 4 drivers were the same, but I threw Clint Bowyer in for the first time this year and his 10th place finish gave me enough points for the win.

When you play Yahoo! fantasy sports, the winner of each league gets a trophy to put on their profile. Brad has been trying to collect championship trophies for every sport. He won the fantasy golf title a few weeks ago and thought he was set to win this one too seeing as he had taken the lead over a month ago and was winning big every week since.

If you're interested in bringing out your inner hick, the 2007 league should be starting sign ups in a little over a month. Good times.

No comments: