Sunday, October 22, 2006

Our Trip

When we arrived in Idyllwild we were pleasently suprised to see Sarah coming out of her house. She originally was not supposed to be there as she is putting together a wedding reception for her sister. Sarah, the kids and Paul&I headed down to the dinning hall for lunch. Lisa was working the lunch shift and was suprised to see us as well. We haven't seen her we believe since our wedding! After lunch we went back to the house to hang out and talk. The kiddos were so cute. Bowden is a busy, busy boy. First we played an arousing game of you cant see me, then Paul did "magic" with a bracelet and Bowden had to try and figure out where it was. Then there was the hold the little ones upside down and finally it was story time. There was also lots of cuddle time. Cyndi enjoyed giving Lucy zerberts and hearing her giggle. Time flew by and before we knew it dinner time came. We headed back to the dinning hall for some good eats. Josh has a pen that has a button which shines his teams logo (Redskins). Paul who is not a Redskins fan didn't enjoy this. Paul and I tried to convince Bowden to say that he liked the 49ers and not the Redskins. Good times!
Soon the time came that Sarah, the kids and Lisa needed to head down the mountain as had other obligations for the remainder of the weekend. Paul and I set out to Idyllwild Pizza Company to watch the end of game 1 in the World Series. Then we headed out to walk around town. We went back to where OUR bench was and saw a sad sight. The bench was gone. The stand was still there but the swing is no more. I was very saddened by this. Paul asked if I thought it was going to be there forever and I answered honestly yes I did. He confessed that he was going to buy it for us someday when we had a place to put it. We don't know whose it is but it means so much to us. We did take a few slivers of wood off of it and a nail. Maybe we can build a new bench and incorporate the scraps we were able to take into the design some how. I am still sad to think we cannot go back and sit on our bench. It is where we started dating, where we got engaged and have spent time every year since then. It was where I hoped to tell Paul someday that I was pregnant. I am sad because I don't think anyone else out there has these emotional ties to this bench. Goodbye to OUR bench.

2 comments:

lisa d said...

super cute. sorry about the bench- i'll keep an eye out for it now that i'm local : )

Curelover said...

I like the bangs Cyndi. Nice look. Sorry about the bench ... that is a pretty bum deal.

on a side note, have you been watching gilmore girls? i haven't ... too pissed about not more luke and lorelai. (this is bradley's friend in case you didn't know who this was)