Saturday, October 21, 2006

7th Anniversary

The third week in October means Idyllwild time. We have been going to up Idyllwild to camp, stay with friends or even just drive up for the day to celebrate the beginning of US since 1999.
Here is the revised version:

The Story of US
For those of you who don't know let me start at the beginning... Paul and I were introduced originally through Moe. Moe and I had gone to Disneyland and Paul happened to be working. So we rode around on the back of the tram a few times while they talked. I said some sarcastic comment about sitting well back into your seat and he shot one back at me. (ahh love)

Well we started hanging out about two months after that. It was early October and the show Roswell was on for the first time, Morgan and I were hanging out. I was on bubbs and bored and I noticed that Paul was online and mentioned this to Morgan. She said invite him to chat and I was like I don't even know him why would I do that. I did finally started a chat with him. I told Angela I felt like playing basketball and for anyone who knows Morgan knows she couldn't play a sport to save her life so she suggested I ask Paul if he wanted to come down and play. He for some unknown reason said yes. So I got my basketball and Angela and I headed over to the court, Paul met us there. About 5 minutes after Paul got there Morgan got a call from an ex-boyfriend and decided to talk to him so we were left alone, we shot hoops for a couple hours. Paul then drove Curly and I over to Denny's where we met up with a group from Biola and Moe tried to introduce me to Paul again I mentioned that he was the one that dropped Morgan and I off. Paul had to leave after a few min. because he had Spanish early the next morning (like he ever went to Spanish class).

Well that was Oct. 7th. The next Monday Paul and I decided to go to a church service where we were packed in like sardines and after about 15min. Paul fell asleep. I kept nudging him the whole time. I found out afterwards that if he was in an uncomfortable position or it was to hot that he falls asleep. That night we talked about going to see a movie.

For some reason we both wanted to see The Story of Us so on the next Friday Paul picked me up from work (Chuck E. Cheese) and we went to AMC in Fullerton. Paul's roommate Daryl and some of their other friends met us there. By the end of the movie we were holding hands. We will forever "discuss" who held whose hand. All I know is that some how when the couple on screen was reconciling our hands found each other. When we stood up we stopped holding hands, Daryl looked at us funny like Paul had forgot to tell him we were dating or something but we didn't even know what was going on at that time. We didn't talk about holding hands the whole way back to Biola.

The next week was supposed to be Torrey which means about half of Biola uses the time off from regular classes to take a mini vacation. Moe, Nick, Paul and I decided to go camping next door to the camp where Paul worked at for a couple summers. Paul and I decided to take a walk, he wanted to show me Camp Maranatha and walk around town. We went back into some small shops where there was a wooden porch swing and sat down. Paul tried his best to ask me out, but it came out something like this... we should stop doing what we are doing (holding hands) if we aren't gunna be together... you know. I agreed with what he said and so we officially started dating October 21, 1999.
A year later at the very spot where we started our relationship Paul asked me to marry him. (he must have practiced because that speech was well planned.) We go back and visit "OUR" bench every year.

3 comments:

lisa d said...

aww. thanks for typing this out- i didn't know the story. it was nice to see you two the other day!

Darth said...

I can't believe you actually got Paul to play basketball, I used to ask him numerous times too, and would so rarely get him too.

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved reading this.
Happy Anniversary!!