Saturday, June 17, 2006

Are you ready?!?



After months of waiting, it's finally time for football again. My fantasy football league got together last Saturday for our annual draft lottery lunch. We meet at National's Sports Bar and pull numbered ping pong balls out of a box to determine the draft order we'll use this season. I had a pretty good season last year, which meant my odds of winning the #1 pick were slim. I ended up falling one spot, so I'll be picking 11th out of 12 teams. Ugh. I'm not as good at managing my team as most of the guys in the league, so my season always depends on how strong my draft is. I've got some research to do now if I want to have a fighting chance.

This is the 7th year they've done a lottery like this. Craig Petinak has won it 4 times including the last 3 in a row. It doesn't matter what odds he has, he always manages to win. Josh Banker ended up winning this year, but Craig was in his usual position near the top with the second overall pick.

1 comment:

Hutch said...

yeah, but then i'd have to live with the fact that i willingly put raiders on my team.