Wednesday, September 14, 2011

once just isnt enough

The Mr. had to work on the 2nd night of U2, and I really wanted to go! I scoured the internet all afternoon trying to hook up a deal like we did the day before but it just wasn't happening. I decided since I had no other plans that I would just go park at The Block and walk over to the stadium, because after all hearing U2 live is better than not at all. I got to the stadium about 10 min before the band took the stage. I found a bench and sat down, settled in with my soda. As the 1st song starts to play a dude comes up and sits next to me. 

::Isn't he sitting a little close, there are dozens of other benches!:: 

I start returning a few texts from earlier in the day. 
Then dude starts talking to me - Am I going inside? Why not? You a big fan? 

::What is up with this guy, I have  5 bucks so hope he isn't wasting his time thinking he can scalp me a ticket:: 

He gets on his phone talking to someone, then tells me to wait where I am and he would be right back. 

::Back to what shank me?::

I think I can get you a ticket he tells me. Dude leaves and I enjoy the live music and the stars. It was a lovely June night. Never thinking I would see this guy again he resurfaces and starts walking into the security check to go inside. 

::Liar::

Then he waves at me and says wait there, I'm going in, but wait there. 

::Weirdo!::

3rd song starts to play. Suddenly security guy comes over and asks me repeatedly if I am alright and why don't I come with him. Looks around, then palms me a TICKET! Says put it away and walks me over to security. He tells me to have a nice evening and enjoy the concert. I walk up to the gate, hand my ticket to the lady to scan. She asks "do you have a wrist band?" 

::Crap::

Well, go over to the next gate and they will get me one, have a nice night she says. It is then that I look at my FREE TICKET, I am in GA. Wow! Thanks random guy who some how hooked me up with a ticket to see a band I love. You rock, whoever you are. 

The concert was wonderful! I did realize that there is a reason we always get seats though, I'm short. With everyone walking around so much, I worked my way almost to the stage. Twas AWESOME. 



  1. Comments from U2 tours "Bono dedicates I Still Haven't Found to Quincy Jones, who's at the show. Other celebrities in attendance include Rick Rubin, Tom Morello, and Cindy Crawford. Before Moment of Surrender, Bono pays tribute to E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons, who died earlier today: 'Think about one man's saxophone. Think about Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Think of Clarence Clemons. This man just carried music, and music carried him until this day.' He then sings/recites some of Jungleland at the end of the concert."
    Set List
    Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until the End of the World,One, Amazing Grace - Where the Streets Have No Name - All You Need Is Love, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots - She Loves You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Stuck In a Moment, Beautiful Day - Space Oddity, Elevation, Pride, Miss Sarajevo, Zooropa, City of Blinding Lights,Vertigo - It's Only Rock and Roll, I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Discotheque - Please, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet, Walk On - Never Walk
    Encore(s): Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender - Jungleland

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Lucky :)