Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day gives way to Black Friday

I had the pleasure of sleeping in today which was delightful! Mom and I had a light lunch at the house, lounged around a bit, looked through the newspaper and then got ready to head to the Robinson's.

Mom and I got over to Lynn and Steve's place just before dinner was to be served. There was turkey, 2 types of cranberry sauce and stuffing, green been casserole, rolls, mashed potatoes, veggies, pies.... all delicious. We enjoyed spending the evening with the whole family talking and watching football. Michelle and I even took a side trip to Micheal's which opened today from 5-9pm to begin our shopping early!

Paul had to work this morning and then headed over to his family's Thanksgiving meal. I am sure there was terrific food there as well and that a good time was had by all.

The boy is now on his way down to SD so that we can head out and do our Black Friday shopping. It is tradition to hangout in front of Best Buy or Circuit City for the past 4-5 years. Mom and I did a drive by Best Buy on our way home this evening, there are already droves of people and new this year about a dozen camping tents set up throughout the line.

Hope everyone enjoys a good nights sleep in their warm toasty beds while me and my Bubba are out on the cold concrete. Who am I kidding, I HEART Black Friday.

No comments: