Thursday, April 03, 2008

To top it all off

Pray this goes away quickly!!!!!It all started with a bump this morning on my ankle and I figured I had a spider bite or something then by the end of the day I noticed i had a line of red bumps from my wrist to my elbow. I thought "That's odd" and called my mom about it.
She said GO TO THE DOCTOR.

So I did and I have apparently caught scabies from who knows where. Scabies is a mite that burrows under your skin and your skin has an alergic reaction causing red bumps on various parts of your body. It is contagious so I am on a mini quarantine for the next day and cannot have skin to skin contact with anyone.

It itches so dang bad! The problem is you can't itch because that could open the skin and cause a secondary infection which would just make things worse. I have now noticed bumps on my shoulders, backs of my arms, both ankles and calves. So unpleasant.

The way you get rid of the little buggers is by putting a cream on your body from head to toe in every crevice you can, even trying to get it up under your nails. Then you wait 12-14 hours and take a shower. This should kill them. Your body will still take about 3 weeks to recover from the alergic reaction and thus you will ITCH for just that long.

Bad news for Paul is that anyone living in the house with the infected person also has to put the cream on from head to toe. All of our sheets, mattress cover, clothes etc. had to be washed today on the hottest setting.

2 comments:

jeric2003 said...

Ohhhh... that sucks!!!

Sherida said...

Oh dear, how awful!

We are under scabies watch right now after getting an email from our church that the nursery was infected. Ugh! It can take up to 6 weeks to show up. I sure hope it missed us!