Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stuff from this week...

-- Tomorrow (Friday) I'm supposed to have my second wisdom tooth out. It was supposed to be today, but due to my blood thinners, I can't really have last minute surgeries. I've been running around for the past couple of days trying to get everything cleared with the dentist, oral surgeon, coumadin clinic, and my regular doctor. If everything works out perfectly, I'll be knocked out by 11am.

-- Saturday is Cyndi's annual MS Walk down in Sandy Eggo. I couldn't go last year, but depending on how the tooth thing goes, I'm penciled in to walk this year. As of right now, her team is at $955 raised, close to the goal of $1000. Thank you to all who have donated so far.

-- I found out I'm down to my last two projects for my photo class. This next one is working with Photoshop (hence my first attempt to put Torii Hunter on the Dodgers as seen below). The guy in all the intro videos made it look easy, but it's really frustrating for the perfectionist in me. We'll see what I can come up with for my next due date in two weeks.

-- Today was my annual CPR training at work. The video they show is new, but still annoying. By the end of the year, the Red Cross is getting rid of the breathing part of CPR, so it will be even shorter than it was this time around.

-- The NFL draft this weekend should be good. The 49ers made a wise choice and gave their top pick to the Patriots for some magic beans, so I'm sure it will all work out for the best. I'm sure this is our year! ....sigh.

5 comments:

Amy said...

if they get rid of the breathing part of CPR, then what's the point of it? i mean i'm no expert since i have never taken CPR, but i thought the whole point of it was to keep them breathing...

Darth said...

Dude the 48ers are already set with their franchise qb and their franchise lb, what more does your team need!

i'm not sure how the broncos will ruin their draft this year, but i can't wait. maybe another marcus nash, or willie middlebrooks, how about a darrent williams, that guy hasn't done anything in more than a year now...

Hutch said...

I guess the idea is that for adults who are passed out, most of the time it's a heart problem, so it's important to keep the chest compressions going.

I think it was Fox Sports that had an article about the draft this week that ranked all the teams by how they've done over the last 5 drafts. The Niners came in 30th; the Broncos were 31. I don't remember who was last, and I can't find the article.

Darth said...

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say the raiders...mostly because i hate them...no wait, fully because i hate them

Hutch said...

Nope...Dolphins.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8068754/Five-year-draft-rankings:-Teams-25-32