Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesdays With Mor...ons?

At my work, we have a continuation high school on grounds. Most of the kids who go there are from our program, but we also take in some community kids who have been kicked out of other schools and are one step from being locked up themselves. They are usually a pain, because they know that if they act up enough they can get sent home. Other than that, there aren't any consequences set up for them. That means they do whatever they want and cuss out everyone all day long. Some even come to school announcing that they're "going home early that day just you wait and see".

Somehow I was "volunteered" to be school security one day a week.

There are two of us a day working the school. We're kind of out numbered with 100+ kids. Luckily, this morning it was actually quiet for a while. A few kids wandering out of class...nothing big. Then there was a problem. A kid came out and was up on the balcony. With hunks of metal.

Why he had hunks of metal I'll never know. A door hinge. A thin tent spike. Some bolts.

So, I walk up to him and ask what's going on. He ignored me. I tried getting him to go back in his class. He cussed me out and threw some of his metal at one of my regular class ditchers who was now walking around downstairs. I'm closest to the guy throwing stuff, so I try and block him and get him to stop. He continued trying to go around me and cuss me out more.

At that point I ran to the vice principal's office two doors down and let her know what was going on. I guess I chose poorly.

"Do you even bother talking to these kids? I don't know why you're even out there if you want me to deal with them!"

*sigh*

...

There are way too many Tuesdays on the school calendar.

1 comment:

Amy said...

i don't care for tuesdays much either. the only good part of tuesdays is that "one tree hill" is on