Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Quiz time!

We'll start off this first of an occasional series of trivia questions with some lyrics from songs my ipod threw at me on my way home from work today.  We're looking for artist and song title....or half a point for each.  I'm hoping to have various categories so you'll have a chance even if music isn't your thing.

1.  "Right now, she's probably up singing
some white-trash version of Shania karaoke."

2.  "She had a million dollars worth of nickels and dimes.  
She sat around and counted them all a million times"

3.  "You wrung me out
too too too many times"

4.  "You're so 1990,
And it's 1994.
Leave this world behind me
'Cause you don't want me anymore."

5.  "You and me have seen everything to see
From Bangkok to Calgary
And the soles of your shoes are all worn down"

6. "Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way"

7. "If you think holding hands is all in the fingers
Grab hold of the soul where the memory lingers and
Make sure to never do it with the singer
'Cause he'll tell everyone in the world"

8. "What you wanna ball with the kid?
watch your step you might fall
trying to do what I did"

9.  "I'll wait here,
You're crazy,
Those viscious streets are filled with strays..."

10.  "We turn the key and slowly unlock the door
As a man breathes into his saxophone
And through the walls you hear the city groan.
Outside, is America"


Good luck kids!

5 comments:

Darth said...

#1 is Carrie Underwood (ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh) Before he cheats

#8 is Will Smith - Gettin Jiggy with it...ha ha ha ha

I'll let others take on some

Cyn said...

I think

#4 is Pink Floyd
&
#10 is U2

of course Brad took the EASY ones for me.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

This is YOUR iPod? What have you become? You used to be the very image of impeccable musical taste to me. A hero of sorts...and now the only lyrics I recognize are U2's Bullet the Blue Sky...which is their worse song.

Hutch!

You need healing! I wont quit on you, Paul...I will "fix you". (coldplay...check 'em out.)

jeric2003 said...

Uhh.. am I expected to actually know any of these?

lisa d said...

jobie dear...you live in a glass house.