Thursday, November 01, 2007

What happened to Halloween?

It makes me feel old to think that Halloween passed and I barely even noticed.  I used to come home from school in my costume and have a hard time waiting for dinner to hurry up and be cooked and eaten so we could hit the streets looking for candy.  Last night I had a hard time waiting for dinner because lunch wasn't that great and I was kind of hungry.  But then I ate and that was that.

We ended up going up to Alhambra to help my mom give out candy.  I tried giving out Bradley's favorite candy first so the kind I liked best would be left over at the end.  We gave it all out anyway so it didn't matter.   Most of the kids came while I was out picking up dinner too.  Meh.

At work they had been advertising for a couple of months about how everyone was supposed to dress up for a costume contest and prizes.  Out of 300+ employees there, I only saw 5 dressed up.  And 3 of those were the committee judging the costumes.  That made me laugh.  Over at our high school the staff made a bit more of an effort to dress up.  At least enough that I got to see a near fight by some of the kids broken up by an Amish woman and Raoul Duke (Johnny Depp's character in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas").  That was good times too.

3 comments:

Amy said...

at least you weren't forced to watch 'leprachauns in the hood' or whatever they made you watch last year

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I spent the evening putting up crown molding and spackling nail holes at a friend's house. Though, I've never been huge on Halloween anyway.

I did go to a costume party on Saturday, though, and two people dressed as me. Still not sure if that makes me cool or just somehow overpredictable.

Hutch said...

I suppose that would depend on what they did to look like you. It's pretty funny that two people thought you would make a good costume.