Wednesday, November 21, 2007

OUCH

This morning I woke up bright and early. I ate some cereal, brushed my teeth and headed over to the dentist with my new book. I made my next appointment and sat down for a moment before I was called back. Then I was given two shots to numb the area where he would be doing work, when he began to drill my tooth I winced. He said it was a hard tooth to get numb and so I got a THIRD shot to numb the area (I should have asked for a fourth). Then for the next 1 and 1/2 hours I was poked, prodded, pushed, and pulled on. And by the end of it I had an UGLY gold temporary crown to show for it. I was asked to rinse out my mouth and when I tried to swish the water I accidentaly spit some because the left half of my mouth, tounge and lips were numb. The numbness continued on from 1030am till about 5pm. I go back in about 3 weeks to have the permenant crown put on. All this because my lousy tooth broke not once but twice.
The day did get better though. I hung out at home, did some chores and read my book. Then I headed up to Poway to hang with Beth. We sat and chatted and laughed for a couple of hours. Always a delightful time. Her kiddos are absolutly darling. Then it was time to head home to pick up the mommy for dinner. I wish my mouth would have stayed numb longer. Eating dinner was a challenge, my mom gave me some vicodin which helped for awhile but now at almost midnight my mouth hurts again. Now I go to check out Black Friday ads.

4 comments:

Amy said...

hmm too bad you didn't tell me earlier. i could of given you my bottle of liquid lidocaine thats at my apt. that numbs your mouth some.

Thany said...

You are welcome ANY time and ALL the time. The kids ADORED you and I loved loved to have a really good reason to sit and laugh. It was exactly what I needed.

sarah said...

I hate having work done on my mouth. The dentists always tell me my mouth is too small. The last time I went the dentist kept telling me to close my mouth, and I couldn't, and then he got upset with me for biting my tongue, which I firmly believe should have been his responsibility.
Gross. I feel for you.

Cyn said...

amy- i dont think it would have helped. even the mega pain killers my mom gave me didnt help.

thany- why thank you friend. i just may take you up on that sometime. course i dont get more days off till the 21st of Dec.

sarah- me too. my jaw hurt so bad from having to open it so wide. lucky for me my dentist is accomodating and kind. i am not lokoing forward to going back on the 11th. but according to my mom i have been through the worst of it already. gosh i hope shes right.