Saturday, September 08, 2007

What I've Learned

This past week began the new school year. I am once again teaching those students which no other teacher wants to deal with. Some things have changed this year such as the time I go in,and how many hours my little darlings are at school. I also have an elective class of regular 8th graders. That should be interesting. My day seems to go by much faster so far. I have not gotten my prep period for the last two days though because it is an administrators job and they have been busy doing other things. I hope that this changes soon. Next week will start with all the book work, and the homework. It is going to be a trying year, I have two repeats from last year and already talking to the kids I know it will be an up hill battle.

Now to get to what I have learned
1)All white people are racists
2)All white people are rich
3)There is no reason to learn because we could die tomorrow, so just have fun

I am sure throughout the year I will get many more pearls of wisdom. The girl in my classes greatest aspiration is to work at a McDonald's. When everything is boring no matter how much I tap dance up there, and try to reach them I am at a loss as to what to do. And this is only the beginning. I just pray that I can reach some of them.

No comments: