Monday, July 16, 2007

Vegas broke my car!

So the bad part of the Vegas trip was the drive home. Morgan and I got all the way to Baker making great time. Then all of a sudden both lanes of traffic came to a full stop. This was at about 800pm. Our original timeline had us in Victorville around 915pm. However it took us 3 hours to go about 7 and a half miles. Our max speed was 15 for about two min. Otherwise we were going about 2 miles per hour or under.

We finally made it to Victorville to stop at a gas station, use the facilities and find something to eat as we bypassed Baker. It was midnight by this time. When I went to start up the car again, it took two tries to get it going and I figured that it was angry because of the heat and the idiling for so long. Poor Black Beauty. I didn't give it a second thought.

The next morning the three of us (Paul, Morgan and I) got ready to go somewhere... I haven't the faintest idea where and it took 4 tries to see if it would start up. OY. This is so not good. So I back it into the garage incase it needs a jump start when we take it to the Auto Shop.

Now it is Monday morning and I just walked over to the shop to pick up my car. My wallet is much lighter due to needing a new starter. I just keep trying to remind myself that in the last 4 years the only thing we have ever had done for this car was a month after my dad bought it we had to replace the battery. It is still a harsh blow during the summer when I don't get paid again until October 1st.

No comments: