Thursday, July 26, 2007

Update

Rewind: Two weeks ago my mom was told by my Uncle Ron that if we wanted to see Robin we should get up there right away. So we went. A day or two prior she refused any more feedings and her blood pressure and anti-seziure medication. She only wanted pain and naseau meds. We spent a number of hours with her over two days. Last week we heard rumors she was back on meds and feedings. I assumed they got the nasea undercontrol which was her biggest complaint other than her constant head pain.

Current: My mom and I were getting ready to go up again, my mom wanted to speak to Ron ahead of time to see what was going on and if anyone else was going to be up (the idea being that either her best friends are up or some form of family there every weekend). Ron told us that earlier today she was getting very agitated and the the Hospice nurses said that usually means the end is coming. The nurse stopped by the house to check things out and give her some medication. She slipped into a coma they are not sure if it was on her own or if the medicine is causing the lack of responsiveness.

I am begging you to all pray for my family. This has been a very difficult road for so many in our family. Robin is my mom's only and baby sister. Pray for Ron and the kids Amanda (19) and Josh (16). We do not know what is going to happen. The nurse said it could be anywhere from a couple days to a couple months.

No comments: