Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend....fun?

Our weekend adventures this week haven't been as fun as in past weeks. I spent all day Friday, and Cyndi joined me on Saturday, driving around house/apartment hunting. Cyndi is now set with her teaching contract, so we're hoping to be able to spread out a bit more. Our goal is to find a place soon so we can pack and move before summer ends and Cyndi is teaching again. Our vacation is at the beginning of August, so ideally we can move sometime in July.

I forgot how much I hate the process of finding a place. I tend to compare everything to where we currently live. Nothing has felt like "home" yet. My head tells me that won't happen until we move our stuff in and make it a home, but it's still hard. We're used to this place and this area, so any change is going to be a bit scary and foreign for a while.

Because of this, I tend to focus on the negatives at each place we look at. There will be negatives and positives no matter where we go. I just hope I can take a step back, look at all our reasons for wanting this change, and see that it is a good thing.

I think we'd both like to find a house rather than an apartment, but those are harder to come by. It seems like all those people who rushed to buy houses they really couldn't afford are now coming back to renting which makes finding a good place tough.

We broke up the search a bit by having dinner with the family tonight, and seeing a late showing of Oceans 13 on Friday. Last year we missed most of the summer movies, so we've made a point to go see as many as we can on Friday nights. So far so good....Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, Pirates 3, Knocked Up, and Oceans 13. Good times.

1 comment:

Sher said...

Not sure where you are looking, but our apartment complex is nice. www.archstoneplacentiaplace.com