Thursday, June 21, 2007

Just stay strong

This is the last week of school. So on Tuesday we had a mini party with some cake and a movie.
Along with a dance for the 8th graders.


Graduation was on Wednesday. It was nicely put together with a couple class speakers along with the pricipal and superintendent. And was finished off by the ASB president singing Avril's new song. This was a special graduation for me. The current 8th graders are also the 6th graders I did my student teaching with. It was really fun to see them all again over the past few months and see how much they have grown.

In addition to my old 6th graders I had my current students all but 3 who were able to pull up their GPA's and made it to graduation. I am proud of those who tried so hard to turn around the end of their 8th grade year.

To cap off the last week of school today all of the 8th graders who graduated had the pleasure of going to Knott's for the day. We headed out at 9am and got back around 6pm. I was able to ride every roller coaster while there.

It was fun to see my students out side of school and just hang out, also to just have conversation with my peers and the VP's and Principal. The principal even inquired about how my mom was doing which was kind of her to remember. What a nice way to end the year.

Next up on my agenda... Training next week ( I think)
Jury Duty the first week in July
Girls weekend in Vegas the second week in July
Wow does time fly by!

1 comment:

Sher said...

How did you like the new ride at Knott's? (I can't remmeber the name if it)