Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Where you at?

FYI this post may be discombobulated, sparatic, and/or fragmented.

Love: My love has left me for the week. Of course it is for a great cause. He is up in Idyllwild helping out the camp as they were in need of workers. Paul was granted time off from work (for good behavior) and was able to travel up on Monday morning and will be staying through Friday night. It is weird to be in the apartment alone. I am not sure when the last time it has happened was other than 6 years ago when I moved in here two months before the wedding.

Work: I am still alive. No one has tied me up and locked me in a closet yet. Although not for lack of trying. It has been an interesting road getting into the swing of things. I have been at my new position for 27 working days. I have officially passed the half way point as there are 26 days left of school. I began with 16 students all boys... at one point I was down to 9 boys now I am at 13 boys and 2 girls. The girls just showed up this last Wednesday. It has stirred up the classroom a bit. As challenging as this is mentally, intellectually and emotionally I am glad that I took the position. Knowing that others applied for the position and they choose me tells me that there is a reason I am here. Some of the boys who have been here since the beginning are starting to open up to me about some things going on in their lives and my hope is that I can make a difference in their lives by the end of my time with them. Please be in prayer as I am going to talk to the principal about continuing this position in the Fall. My contract is up as of June 22nd but I would really like the opportunity to continue and try to get this program really up and running next year.

Life: Pretty much non-existant. I have been staying late at work everyday. One day I didn't leave until after 6pm. My work day technically ends at 2:45. Today I managed to get out by 4pm and treated myself to a movie. I was down in SD over the weekend for Mother's Day. My mommy and I hung out went out to dinner and a movie together. We also tried to get some chores done but did not get much knocked off of our lists.

Family: My aunt is still at home on hospice care. My uncles, mom and Robins best friends have been taking different weekends to go up and visit her so that she is not overwhelmed with so many people at once. The visits are an hour at a time or less because she gets tired fast. It is difficult for her dealing with the emotions of knowing she won't be around and wanting to know the every day stuff that is going on or plans that others have for the future. Continue to pray for strength, understanding, and acceptance for all family members and of course comfort. My mommy is going to have surgery on her legs to try and ease the constant pain she is in. We are trying to find a time during the summer that would be best as she will need help for 3-4 weeks on and off.

Summer: I am looking forward to three and possibly four trips this summer. The first is happening in July going to Vegas with Moe and Curly. The second is in August with my Bubba for our 6th anniv. and my 27th birthday (Holy Crap I am going to be 27) we have yet to determine our destination. My third trip will be at the end of August early September out to CO to visit my hommie TK and celebrate her daddies retirement from the Navy. The fourth trip would be with my mommy if we can figure out a week and a location.

I think that is about all I can remember right now about what I have been up to and planning.
I did my best to go back and forth between the areas of my life since my thoughts are running all over the place, hopefully it made my post more readable for you my viewers.

6 comments:

Amy said...

i watched 'freedom writers' on sat. and thought of u because ure kids are reading the diary of anne frank and so where they...just sharing. i think u should help your mom the end of july so that u'll already be down here and can help me move. haha

ps. wasnt gilmore sad? i cried

Hutch said...

Heh...you said "discombobulated".

sarah said...

thanks for the loan of your husband! we've put him to work!

Cyn said...

Amy - I am not sure when it will be. But you know if I am not out of town I will help you move your stuff.

Hutch - You are a dork

Sarah - No problem. I am glad he was able to get the time off and I am sure he is having a great time.

Moe said...

I know where you can go in August! Come visit us!!

Cyn said...

How did I know you were going to say that. We are kicking around a few ideas.