Monday, April 16, 2007

Lack of postage

Please forgive my lack of posting. Last week I began a new position at a Middle School and lets just say things aren't going fantastic. I am TRYING to teach 16 boys. These boys have horrible GPA's, have low attendance and have ZERO respect for adults. I will do everything I can and try my best but so far all I can do is have them answer quesions out of textbooks and work on Language Arts worksheets. It is impossible to get them to all be sitting at the same time let alone have them be quiet so that I can tell them anything. They constantly are showing each other up, trying to intimidate each other and picking fights. I am not sure what I can do for them as they don't care an ounce to help themselves. Any ideas on how to tame wild beasts is welcome.

2 comments:

Amy said...

beating them isn't an option i suppose...i'd say cry because i had a girl once that was learning and then guys gave her a hard time and we had to write her comments and then she cried and after that they stopped bugging her...maybe you should cry

Sher said...

Wow, sounds tough! Um, you could try making some sort of incentive game out of a sport. ;o) Seriously, I'll think about it and get back to you.

Have you tried talking with other teachers or the pricinpal?