Thursday, March 01, 2007

Updates

I've been slacking on the posting lately. We had a good run there, posting for about 3 months straight, but once we missed a day, we fell into a bad habit of not posting much at all. I took a bunch of my kids to a program that teaches them about resume writing, job searching, etc today so while they're in class I get to sit here, check email, and blog.

Today is my grandparent's (on my mom's side) 60th wedding anniversary. My grandpa was supposed to marry someone else in August of 1946. That didn't happen, so he started seeing my grandma and they were married March 1, 1947. I guess they knew what they were doing since it lasted this long. I'm told my other set of grandparents will also be celebrating their 60th this year too, and my parents hit 35 years in January.

Last week I got to take a few kids to another Kings game. The game wasn't that exciting, but they were giving out mini Wayne Gretzky jerseys so that was cool. It's part of a series they're giving out to honor all the jersey numbers they have retired.

I had another kid come back and find me at work. He was a pain when I worked for him, but he was still a likeable kid because he was goofy. He was missing his two front teeth. We found someone to buy him some new teeth after a while. He liked to play with them though so we'd be sitting in group having a serious discussion and his front teeth would be popping in and out of his mouth. He was one that I wondered what happened to him so I was glad to hear that he had stayed out of trouble the last two years and is actively working to make up all the school he missed.

No comments: