Sunday, March 04, 2007

Race Day


On Saturday we got up and headed out to Santa Anita racetrack. KROQ was having one of their microbrew festivals so the place was packed. I made money in 3 races, Cyndi in 1. It wasn't great, but our winnings paid for parking, lunch, and admission so that was cool. Cyndi signed up as a designated driver which meant unlimited free Pepsi for the day. They also had a concert by some band called Building a Better Spaceship. They were ok but forgettable. It was also giveaway day so we got free jockey lamps when we went in. I also hung around the KROQ booth enough and talked them into giving me a Kings prize pack. It turned out to be the two mini jerseys that were given away before the Gretzky one I got last week as well as a really nice display case for all 4 jerseys. Afterwards we went out to dinner at Twoheys and then stopped by to visit Mair for a bit.









Paul and Lisa May from KROQ.













Building a Better Spaceship


















"I think I got it down Job"














Cyndi hydrating.












California skies.













Looks like we have a hockey game to go to.













A jockey lamp. You know you're jealous.