Saturday, March 10, 2007

From the odd holidays file...

Middle Name Pride Day

When : Always March 10th

Middle Name Pride Day honors the seldom used middle name that often sets you apart from others. It was selected with care, so you should be proud of it.

Here's two big reasons to be proud of your middle name:

First, there are plenty of John Smiths and and Mary Jones. Its the middle name your parents gave you that makes your name unique.

Second, your parents chose your middle name with great care. It often was selected to honor a friend or relative. That person may have possessed certain characteristics that they want you to inherit.

Do you know why your were given your middle name? If not, todays the day to find out. If it was in honor of someone, find out a little more about that person.

We encourage you to enjoy your middle name on Middle Name Pride Day, and every day!

7 comments:

Hutch said...

Mine is Robert. That's my grandfather's name (dad's side).

Darth said...

Mine is Stephen, my dad's name is Stephen.....yeah, ours are pretty simple

lisa d said...

mine is diane, and it came out of thin air for no reason.

Cyn said...

Mine too is a family name. My grandaddy's name is Ray, my fathers middle name is Ray so my middle name is Rae

Amy said...

mine is elizabeth...one mom thought it sounded good with the name amy and then i guess i can say it's after my aunt (dad's sister) as well

jeric2003 said...

Mine is Lorene, after my maternal grandfather.

Ric's is Kent, also a family name.

Anonymous said...

Oooookay, well, my middle name is Melanie. "Gone With the Wind" was re-released when I was born and Mair loves that movie. Personally, I think the character Melanie is kinda creepy. I mean, she married her COUSIN for heaven's sake! Eeww.

BTW, Amy - your first and middle names are from great-grandmother's on both sides. I think. At least your first name - that was Papa's mother's middle name.