Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Violet, you're turning violet, Violet!

[edits for misinformation]
Today was fun times. I was subbing an English class for a H.S. I watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 5 times. The students were to compare it to a novel they just finished reading called The Inferno, by John Ciardi.

What I did instead of paying attention to the movie for 5 hours:
Addressed Christmas cards
Circled jobs in the want ads for LA and San Diego
Made some Christmas gifts
Read my book
Wrote letters
Stared into space
I ddi watch some of the movie but let me tell you nothing kills a movie faster than having to watch it so many times in one day.

I must say both WW and CC factory movies have good points but I think I prefer Depp's version better. I like the changes they made (the dentist dad thing I am on the fence about).
And remember,
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams."

That is all for tonight. I have to hit the sack as I go teach J.H. English tomorrow.

1 comment:

jeric2003 said...

I still say blasphemy! But then, I grew up watching the original over and over and over.

BTW, the original is called Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, not Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which makes it easier to distinguish between them!