Sunday, December 03, 2006

I'm trying to sleep!

This weekend in review:
On Saturday I woke up early at 8am, got up showered and dressed. Grabbed some breakfast (a rarity for me) and headed up to the ALH. I met Mair at the in-laws house and the three women folk headed out to the Harvest Festival. This has been a running tradition for us. We always walk around and look at everything, have some lunch and then split up to do any shopping we may want to do. Good times. After we got back to the house I jumpped in my car and headed back to the apt. Paul and I had some dinner and I packed up my stuff for an overnight trip to SD.

Very early Sunday morning (midnight o'clock) I tried to get some sleep. Meeko had other plans. She wanted to play at first, she had gotten her shots on Saturday afternoon and had been groggy but no throwing up this time, :) that makes me happy. However, this also means that she had quite the nap and wasn't ready for bed. Meeko finally settled down on top of me, and kept trying to lay her paws on my shoulder and her head nuzzled in my neck and purring extremely loud in my ear. She was a very cute kitty, but it was my bed time.

I finally got to sleep sometime after 130am. I was woken up at 4:42am to get up and dressed so that I could help my mom and get her bag in the car to head to the airport. We had an exhausting morning.

Here is what happened:
Cyndi: Mom, what airline are you on?
Mom: American
Cyndi: Okay that is Terminal 2

We head to terminal 2, my mom walks fast as she can (snails pace) and we get to the check-in. She swipes her credit card to bring up her flight info, nothing happens.

Cyndi: Are you sure you are on American?
Mom: *checks e-mail info.* Oh, no I am on United.
Cyndi: Great. That is in a different terminal.

We then walk all the way back to the car, pay 50 cents to get out, drive in a circle back to Terminal 1. This time I spot a wheelchair just sitting on the side of the parking lot, I hijack it. I got my mom in the chair and I RAN throught the skywalk all the way to the United check-in. There was a short line. As soon as we walked up we were greeted by a lady who worked there and asked where we were headed. I replied Oakland. She asks if I am sure I am at the right airline, I say yes, my mom is flying United. She looks at the info. and says but you are stopping in LA, that means you are flying out of the Commuter terminal. My reply was tell me you are joking. Mind you all of this started at 530am, and her flight was at 7am. So running back down the skywalk I go. All the way back to the car. Pay another 50 cents to get out of the lot. I drive around the circle again over to the Commuter terminal. I ask the woman if there is an auctual chance she will make this flight, the woman is kind enough to check us in there so that would allow us a little more time.

Cyndi: Well the flight gets into LAX at 750am. I can beat the flight there if we drive. *praying she makes the flight* Mom, I will drop you off at the front and then go get a parking spot.
Mom: Which way do I go
Cyndi: *pointing* Right down there.

My mom starts her journey to where she needs to check her bags. I park the car and meet up with her before she makes it to the door. We get her bag checked. I double check that she will be allowed to have her cane on the plane with her and then it is off to security. The woman who checked the bag was nice enough to call the gate and let them know that my mom has a cane and makes sure they won't leave without her. She gets through security. I tell her to have a nice time and I will see her at the end of the week. Then I pray I have enough gas to get home since I didn't think I would be driving around all of the terminals at SAN International Airport. Once home I crawl back into bed. Guess who wants to play instead. After a couple more hours of sleep and some laundry it is time to get the kids ready to go on their vacation. Buddy was not excited about this prospect, he hides and claws and makes it most difficult to get him in the crate. Meeko goes in without a problem. I find their favorite toys (a little monkey, a sparkely ball and a green fuzzy ball) then it is off to Best Friends Resort. I get them all checked in.

They will be getting play time twice while they are there, and one night they will get a bedtime story. Awww, how cute. (Why would a kitty want a bedtime story? What do you read to a kitty for a bedtime story? Oh well it is free so I am not going to knock it)

No comments: