Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Flashback

Oct. 11th to Oct. 15th

Morgan and I were in Del Mar working for SNP which is a company that puts together events. This week we created a party for the employees of Qualcomm. It was an incredible experience. I had a great time. We were put up in the Marriott just a couple miles from the fair grounds.
All of our meals were taken care of at the site. We worked long hours but it was fun. I met a lot of cool new people. A good deal of them were from Biola, but there were others who are contracted by SNP. It was amazing to see how you can go from a gross cement building to a fantastic looking party.

There were 4 different main areas:

The Peacock Room

Black and White

O'Brian

Tent City It was a gypsy themed party. There were stilt walkers, tarot card readers, fortune tellers, fire breathers, sword fights, magicians were out in Tent City. In side the halls there were bands and lounge singers. In the black and white area there was a magic show that included a cheetah. I loved being able to see it all come together. I look forward to being apart of more events hopefully in the near future.

All week long Morgan and I wore all black, so we of course had to get a photo of ourselves. We took this as soon as we got to my moms after our last day of work was done.
This week was not without its owees I recieved two blisters on my right hand from pulling staple gun staples out of a bar front. I also managed to get half a dozen blister on my left foot. I so need to look into better footwear!
We went out for steaks with my mom after our last day on the job. Here is Morgan who swears she doesn't eat meat with a nice juicy steak in front of her. I now have proof that she is a carnivore!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

meat... yummy! ;0) ha ha ha ...
amen! for better shoes... ;0)

Anonymous said...

mmmm, steak, we just had tritip with some A1 and a baked potato and some butter, awesome