Monday, July 17, 2006

Update before bed...

This weekend I was pretty much out of it. On Friday, Cyndi and I went out to lunch with friends, and ran around doing errands. I kept falling asleep in the car, but figured it was due to the heat. However, all I wanted to do was sleep all day Friday, and into Saturday. I finally took my temperature around noon on Saturday and found it was 101. I hadn't eaten anything since Friday lunch, so by dinner Saturday I decided I should probably eat something even though all food seemed completely unappetizing. It was also hot and stuffy in the apartment even with the windows open and fans blasting, so once it cooled down outside some, I convinced Cyndi that since my temperature had gone down some thanks to meds that we should get out and go see a movie. I don't know if she bought it or not, but we did end up going to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2. It was good though it seemed a bit long. That could have been the fever talking too. Sunday was more of the same. I lounged around and napped until I had to go to work.

For the next three days I'll be at a training at our main campus in L.A.. It deals with how to work with problem kids and situations. It expires every 3 years, so this will be my third time taking it. It used to be somewhat interesting when half the time was spent learning restraints and take-downs. Now that part has been reduced to about an hour with the rest of the time being lectures and role-playing exercises. I hate having to get up and perform skits in front of everyone, but at least I can scare all the new hires with my horror stories.

I should really go to bed. It's 12:30am and I have to be out the door by 6:30am at the latest. I really wish I was tired right now.

No comments: