Monday, June 12, 2006

Three Steps Back!

On Thursday my mom and I drove up to Victorville for my cousin Amanda's graduation. We asked if there was anything we could do to help or if they wanted us to stay over night. We were told "no" we should make the most of our weekend. So my mom and I decided to head up to Vegas as she has not been there in 20+ years. We got home around 10pm and saw this message from my Aunt Robin. Please keep them in your prayers. With both my aunt and uncle sick this is a very difficult time for the family. Thanks, Cyndi
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Ron was discharged home on Friday morning. By the afternoon he was not doing too well. I had hoped that he would be discharged to rehab. but since he could walk upon discharge they did not feel it was necessary. Took him St. Marys ER Friday night to have a few tests run to see if he should be readmitted to Kaiser. Ron refused to stay, signed out AMA. Said he was tired of hospitals and just wanted to be home to get well. He slept on the couch Friday night and Sat. morning I found him unresponsive, collasped on the entry way floor. Parmedics took him to St. Mary's and he had a seizure in the ER. and placed back on a ventilator. St. Mary's stablized him and then he was transported with an ICU team back to Kaiser ICU where he is currently.
The St. Mary's Dr. thinks he may have had a stroke, but that is just a guess.
Amanda has been stronger than me, but it is melt down time for us both. Josh goes to camp for two weeks starting tomorrow, which is for the best.
Thank you for your continuing prayers.
Robin

No comments: