Saturday, May 13, 2006

not a record... but close!

I have been in bed for a little over 21 hours. Last night my fever reached 102.9! It stayed that way for 5 and 1/2 hours. Oy.
It all started on Thursday when at around 1pm I became dizzy and I was in a cold sweat from head to toe, literally. Since I was at work they had to call the principal in who walked me over to the nurse and made me lay down. I had to talk them out of calling 911 since some people were convinced it could be a heart attack. They made me lay there until Paul could get off work and come get me. Talk about feeling like a little kid. Paul came at about 3pm he got off work a bit early after getting a call from the office about me and a voice mail from me. I went to bed at 10pm with a little scratch in my throat.
I woke up and didnt feel so good at 1am, 3am, and 6am. Everytime I got up, I drank an entire bottle of water. I decided to go to work because I could swallow, I was able to eat a giant muffin from Cost Co. and I didnt have a fever. I also went because I am at a higher rate of pay since I have been at the school for more than 10 days, if I miss a day I go back to the lower rate. So by missing one day I would cost our family about $255 big ones. As the day went on my throat hurt worse and worse, I started feeling hot and cold at the same time, I was wearing a big coat and wrapping it as tight as I could around myself. I went by Cost Co. to pick up some pastries since I was supposed to go out and hang with the girls last night. When I got home I decide I should check my temp. that is when I saw the 102.9 and called Morgan to tell her I was a no go. I layed down and was asleep as soon as I pulled the covers over myself.
I again woke up almost every three hours on the dot all afternoon, evening and night.
When ever I would wake up I would again check my temp. and drink a bottle of water. Since Friday morning at 6am it is all I have had. Paul slept on the couch last night, I felt bad but I dont want him to have any chance of getting this. So it is now noon and I have gotten myself out of bed, put my contacts in and sat down to write a little bit before I start my lesson planning, which as a long term sub, you have to do regardless of if you will be there Monday or not, which is debatable at this point. If my temp. stays around 99.0 and I can swallow my own spit, it is possible, but if it spikes again. I doubt it.
But even if I am not there I have to have plans on my desk by Monday at 7am. I tell you it is way more work if you are a teacher to not show up for work than many other professions! Anyways I am feeling a bit better, hopefully I can find something I can choke down for lunch. Paul is picking up some Jello, OJ and stuff after work for me. Yea Jello!

No comments: