Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Music Survey

1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most of?
I think the Beatles and Oingo Boingo are tied with 10 each. After that is Ani DiFranco with 6.

2. What was the last song you listened to?
King Without A Crown by Matisyahu.

3. What's in your record/CD player right now?
U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, but I mostly just listen to my Ipod.

4. What song pretty much sums you up?
Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

5. What's your favorite local band?
Been listening to Mike Barnet more lately.

6. What was the last concert you attended?
U2 at Staples Center in November.

7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
Either the final Boingo show or else Kroq's Weenie Roast 2 with Boingo, Violent Femmes, Counting Crows, Pretenders, Green Day, Offspring, and Rollins Band.

8. What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert?
Rx Bandits. They were opening for the Aquabats.

9. What band do you like musically but dislike the members of?
Dave Matthews bugs me for some reason.

10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
I had a radio show at Biola and helped put togther some concerts and in studio performances.

11. What shows are you looking forward to?
None right now. Last year it was U2, but now there's no one living that I REALLY want to see that I can think of.

12. What is your favorite band shirt?
My first Boingo "Dia de los Muertos" shirt.

13. What music posters do you have up in your room?
None right now. In my college/single days, the walls were covered with them.

14. What musician would you like to be in love with for a day?
I'm blanking on this one right now.

15. Pat Benatar or Cyndi Lauper?
Um neither? Don't tell anyone, but I do have a Cyndi Lauper cd that I'm not proud of.

16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
Ozzy.

17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
Again, not proud of this, but I can sing several Lionel Ritchie songs.

18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?
Depends on my mood.

19. Doesn't Primus suck?
Yes.

20. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
Eh, doesn't change anything.

21. What was the greatest decade for music?
I'm biased towards 90's music since that's when I was buying most of my cds, but late 60's/early 70's rock will stick around longer.

22. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
4 -- Boingo "Farewell", Social Distortion "Live in Orange County", and U2 "Rattle and Hum" and "Vertigo Live in Chicago". Next on my list to buy would be Johnny Cash and Dave Matthews.

23. Do you like Journey?
"She's just a small town girl, livin in a lonely world..."

24. Don't try to pretend you don't!!
Seriously..."Faithfully" is the ringtone for Cyndi on my cell phone.

25. What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
Edward Scissorhands, Schindler's List, and Requiem for a Dream. Trainspotting is pretty good too.

26. What was your last musical phase?
I don't know...I listen to everything.

27. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc. you own?
Gotta say Culture Club -- Greatest Hits.

28. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs?
Cds, unless I'm listening to old blues or big band era stuff.

29. All totalled, how much do you spend on music a month?
I don't have money to spend on music...not that there are many cds worth buying these days.

No comments: