Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Updates....

It's been a while since we posted anything, partly because of the computer issues, partly because of being slackers. I figure I should at least post a rundown of what's been going on...maybe we'll get some real posts done soon.

I managed to get the computer fixed. Sherida was right...the geeksquad was a waste of time. We ended up losing everything though. I still can't get the audio to work at all.

Work has been busy. I got 3 new kids this week. We haven't had the full 6 in the house for quite a while. I also got 2 new staff last week to add to the 2 other new ones I've had since January. It's been tough since there is so much to know, and I'm the only one left who can teach them anything. It's been a rough transition, and getting 3 new kids at once didn't help at all.

We managed to see 3 of the Best Picture nominees before the Oscars: Crash, Munich, and Brokeback Mountain. Munich was my favorite of those, but none were what I would consider great movies. I was glad to see the awards spread out so much instead of a movie that was just ok dominating the whole thing like in other years.

We babysat James for the Askews while they were checking out Oregon this weekend. Except for the constant barfing due to acid reflux, he was really easy to deal with...not much fussing, goes to sleep easy and lets you sleep in a bit, and is cute and silly enough to even make you forgive all the barf. Cyndi, being the brave woman she is, tackled having all 3 Askew kids by herself for the last day. Talk about a crash course in mommying.

The Amazing Race is on. I think I should be able to watch it all this season.

Arrested Development is still not on. That makes Franklin cry.

I saw an Oingo Boingo tribute band a few weeks ago. They rocked!

We went to see my sister Amy sing at a fundraiser event for her high school choir trip. Her trio sounded good, and there were a few other girls that did too. There was also a good number of people who shouldn't have been singing solo or with the whole choir.

I'm still continuing my job search even though O.C. probation didn't work out for me this time around. This should be a full post so I'm not going to say much more on it until I can do it justice.

1 comment:

Sher said...

Jason is still willing to look at the comp for you, if you want. I mentioned it to him, and he said he'd love to help you out.